We have had a good response to the salary survey for paralegals. To date we have had 350 people take the survey, but this is not enough, we need a lot more to get accurate stats from the results. Please ask as many colleagues as you can to click 5 buttons to help everyone establish the salary reference system. It will really be sad if we publish the results of the survey which are wrong because people did not take the 5 second survey.
Your employers will check this survey the next time they do a salary review for the paralegals and false stats will give them an incorrect guideline which may very well influence your salary if you are a paralegal. Help us, to help you.
Just to give you some feedback, here are the majority salary ranges for each region:
• Gauteng - 22% earn more than R20 000
• Western Cape - 23% earn between R8 000 and R10 000
• KwaZulu-Natal - 25% earn between R8 000 and R10 000
• Free State - 40% earn between R6 000 and R8 000
• Eastern Cape - 32% earn between R8 000 and R10 000
• North West - 44% earn less than R6 000
Don't jump to conclusions as we have not yet disclosed what the level of experience is for each salary bracket. Also as we said these are stats from a very small part of the market.