LexisNexis continues to research and develop pioneering legal solutions aimed at making the practice of law more efficient. The firm was first to market with a number of tools that provide legal professionals with greater mobility and digital access to legal content.
LexisNexis South Africa CEO, Billy Last says there is, however, a growing need for solutions tailored for the corporate sector. “Rather than detailed discussions of the law, many corporates and small businesses really want a ‘big picture’ view of regulatory changes that may impact their business. They need practical guidance that cuts through the legal jargon and helps them to make decisions quickly, efficiently and most important, legally.”
The company is on a drive to roll out solutions that plug the gap between pertinent legislation and the how-to of practical implementation and compliance monitoring, regardless of the type and size of business.
LexisNexis’ top legal technology solutions, backed by powerful search engines and user-friendly interfaces, include:
- Practical Guidance – a web-based solution providing practical aids and up-to-date topical information on a range of legal and corporate subject matter. Practical Guidance was the first of its kind in South Africa and is available in a number of practice areas that deal with specific areas of law.
- LexisNexis Risk Solutions – helping to protect organisations against commercial fraud. These include Refcheck Advanced, a pre-employment tool for background screening of applicants, and ProcureCheck for conducting due diligence and vetting of vendors and employees. ProcureCheck was the first such solution in South Africa to offer a B-BBEE module that verifies the B-BBEE status of your suppliers.
- Lexis Mobile – South Africa’s first legal mobile app that enables legal and tax practitioners to access their entire loose-leaf library on-the-go and at the tap of a finger
- SHEQ Awareness – a free service that helps to keep businesses abreast of safety and environmental legislation, with quick email notifications delivered straight to their mailbox whenever a relevant Act changes.
- LegalEasy 2.0 – an online web-based compliance system that provides an overview of the organisation’s current position against legal compliance to any Act, Standard or best practices. It also provides access to compliance policy and procedures for continuous improvement.
LexisNexis® is a leading global provider of content-enabled workflow solutions to professionals in law firms, corporations, government, law enforcement, tax, accounting, academic institutions and risk and compliance assessment.