Johannesburg Deeds Office
12th November 2021
Please take note of the following arrangements for December 2021:
> The office will be closed for clients and public on the 3rd December 2021 as staff members will be attending a workshop on 16 days of Activism against gender based violence, however the office will only assist with prior arranged extreme urgent registration.
Furthermore, the office will allow for an extended registration and lodgement on 1st and 2nd December 2021 and also accommodate clients on 6th December 2021 with various ADHOC request for registration.
> The cut-off date for Lodgement of Deeds and Documents to be registered on or by 17th December 2021 will be 8th December 2021.
> For service delivery purposes, the Deeds Office: Johannesburg will be open and fully operational during the festive period with limited staff except for the 24th and 31st December 2021 respectively, the office will be closed for clients/ public on both days. Deeds and Documents on Preparation/ Prep and not registered by 31st December 2021 will be allowed extension until 7th January 2022 after which they will be rejected and delivered to the clients.
Registrar of Deeds: Jhb
Cape Town Deeds Office
12th November 2021
NOTICE TO CONVEYANCERS
To assist the conveyancing fraternity with planning registrations in December 2021, we would like to draw your attention to the following important dates.
In order to register by the 22 December 2021, the matter must be lodged by the 1 December 2021.
Matters lodged thereafter may appear for registration but not guaranteed to be registered by 22 December 2021.
LAST DAY FOR REGISTRATION FOR 2021
22 December 2021
LAST DAY FOR LODGEMENT FOR 2021
13 December 2021, this is subject to change and at the discretion of the Registrar of Deeds.
Please note that NO expedites will be considered after 13 December 2021.
We are requesting that deeds and documents are prepared with great diligence as we are aware that there are major delays with the issuing of RCC by the City of Cape Town therefore preventing unnecessary rejections and bottlenecking the system.
Further communication will be sent around the logistics and festive/adjusted times for Front Counter.
Pietermaritzburg Deeds Office
Lodgement, Execution and Double Execution For Year-End
We have received notification from the Registrar of Deed at Pietermaritzburg that double execution will take place on Tuesday the 21st December 2021.
The 22nd and 23rd December 2021 will be normal working days. Lodgements and executions will take place as normal on these days.
We have also been advised by the Registrar of Deeds at Pietermaritzburg that there will not be a set deadline for lodgements that will be targeted for registration before year-end. We have been advised to lodge deeds for registration before year-end as early as possible.
Requests to fast-track deeds in order to have them registered before year-end will not be considered.
The Registrar of Deeds will communicate any further directives with regards to a festive closure of his office when received from his National Office.
J LESLIE SMITH & COMPANY INC
Pretoria Deeds Office
5th November 2021
Please take note that the office will have double registrations on the 15th December 2021 due to the public holiday on the 16th of December. Execution will be extended till 12:00.
NB: Please take note that to be sure your deeds register before the 23rd of December 2021, deeds must be lodged at least on or before the 10th of December 2021.
There will be no lodgements and registrations accepted on the 24th and 31st of December 2021. The office will be closed at 10:00 on these days.
|Friday 24th||Monday 27th||Tuesday 28th||Wednesday 29th||Thursday 30th||Friday 31st||Monday 3rd|
|Closes at 10:00||Closed||Closed||Closed||Closed||Closed||Re-opens for 2022|
Registrar of Deeds, Pretoria
Polokwane Deeds Office
5th November 2021
Please note that the office of the Polokwane Deeds Office has made the following arrangements with regards to Lodgement and Execution of Deeds over the festive period:
- Deeds lodged on /before the 10th of December 2021 will be executed before the 23rd of December 2021;
- Deeds lodged from Monday the 13th of December 2021 will only be registered in 2022;
- There will be double executions on Tuesday the 21st of December 2021, meaning that all deeds that are on PREP on the 17th and 20th of December 2021 can be sent for black-booking and registration on the 21st of December 2021;
- NB: Double Execution does not include deeds that are still in the examination process, such will not form part of the double execution.;
- All Deeds that would have been scanned to level 3 Examination on the 20th of December 2021 or were lodged on/before the 10th of December 2021 but didn’t form part of double execution can still be registered between 22-23 December 2021;
- On the 24th of December 2021, the Deeds Office will close at 10h00 and there will be no executions.
Our Office will close on the 15th of December 2021 at 13h00, and re-open on the 03rd of January 2022
Trusting you find this in order, please do not hesitate to contact me should you have any queries.
Bloemfontein Deeds Office
Notice to Clients and Staff Special Arrangements for the Festive Season
The following arrangements will apply over the festive period pertaining to official working hours:
|Friday 24/12/2021||Monday 27/12/2021||Tuesday 28/12/2021||Wednesday 29/12/2021||Thursday 30/12/2021||Friday 31/12/2021||Monday 03/01/2021|
|Closes at 10h00||Closed||7h30-16h00||7h30-16h00||7h30-16h00||Closes at 10h00||7h30-16h00|
1) Bloemfontein Deeds office will not close during the festive season. All services will be available.
2) Lodgements and execution will take place throughout the festive season. Any Firm who is willing to lodge deeds and execute during this period, will be assisted by the office.
3) On 24 December 2021 and 31 December 2021, the office will however close at 10h00. No lodgement and execution will take place on the 24″ and 31° of December 2021.
4) The automatic rejection has been suspended from 24 December 2021 until 10 January 2022, therefore any firm that has closed and is not able to execute during the festive season deeds’ will not be rejected for overstaying the prescribed period unless there are errors (e.g. valid rates clearance certificates and other issues that may have an effect on their registrability must be complied with) on the deeds and is rejected for those reasons.
5) Provision of Information will continue throughout the festive season.
Registrar of Deeds