It gives me great pleasure in advising you that the African Center for Cyberlaw and Cybercrime Prevention (ACCP) in collaboration with Institute for Security Studies (ISS) – hosted by Snail Attorneys will be convening the 2nd ANNUAL SOUTH AFRICAN CYBER CRIME CONFERENCE which will take place on the 29 November 2011 – 30 November 2011 in Cape Town.
This event will not only discuss Cybercrime in South Africa and Africa as a region but will discuss the EU Convention on Cyber Crime as it will be its’ 10th year anniversary. The Workshop will give an overview and explanation of cyber-crime , cybercrime investigation and prosecution and the various legal responses to it at the South African, African and international level .
The 1 ½ day workshop will include many stakeholders in South Africa and SADC region. Dr Maici Alhas our General Secretary of the ACCP will be the Guest Speaker for day 1 and Prof Dana Van der Merwe from UNISA will be our Guest Speaker on day 2.
Target participants invited to the workshop include:
- The Ministry of Justice and Constitutional Development
- Director of Public Prosecutions Office
- The Law Society
- The Communications Ministry
- The Private Sector
- International Organisations
- Interest groups (relevant civil society organizations)
- Key-media representatives
- Central bank
- AG’s office
- Law enforcement (police/military).
Who should attend?
- Directors (executive and non-executive, CEOs and FDs) – to discharge their legal duties and direct the course of the organisation
- CAEs, auditors and assurance providers (internal and external) – to audit and provide assurance regards ICT
- CROs and Risk Managers – to address ICT legal risks, CIOs and ICT Managers – to manage ICT
- ICT Operators – to ensure that ICT operates and ICT Security officers – to secure ICT
- Information (protection) officers – to balance access to information and protection of personal information
- ICT Governance officers and specialists – to govern ICT and Compliance officers – to effectively comply with ICT laws
- Consultants – to advise and provide solutions on ICT related issues
- Legal advisors (corporate lawyers or in-house lawyers) – to provide good legal advice on ICT issues
- Attorneys and advocates – to provide good legal advice on ICT issues
- Law enforcement agencies – to enforce ICT law and Judges Magistrates –to be up-to-date
- Fraud Investigators, Anti-Fraud Managers, and Anti-fraud specialists – to know ICT law
- Local Government & Government Agencies and Academics and Prosecutors.
- Cyber Crime – Investigation , Prosecution and legislation
- Electronic procedures pertaining to discovery
- Cyber Security and Cyber Crime, cyber forensics
- EU Convention on Cyberbrime
- Privacy and the protection of personal information
- Cyber Forensics and prevention of cybercrime.
A must attend for anyone serious about the law regards information, communications and technology. Once again, we will strive to
give you quality presentations by reputable local and international speakers.
Send by e-mail to: Ssnail@snailattorneys.com for more details on attending.
DRAFT CONFERENCE PROGRAMME
DAY ONE – 29 November 2011 :
- Registration & Light Refreshment
- Welcome Address – Mr Sizwe Lindelo Snail (co-chair) Conference Chairman; Snail Attorneys @ LAW, (RSA) and International Liason (ACCP) – Kampala
- Keynote Speaker – Dr. Maicibi Nok Alhas (co-chair) – Head of Research & Policy Development of Cyber Crime Forensics Centre – The General secretary of ACCP,Kampala
- Annette Heubschle (co-chair) – ‘ISS Research Associate & Doctoral candidate at Max Planck Institute for the Study of Societies’. ( RSA / Germany )
- Dr Khomotso Kganyago – Chief Security Advisor, Microsoft (RSA)
- Professor Frans Marx – Private Law,Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University (RSA)
- Professor Dana van der Merwe – Keynote Speaker – Criminal and Procedural Law,UNISA (RSA)
- Dr Towela Nyirenda Jere – Programmes Manager, e-Africa Programme- Interim Manager, ASTII Initiative – NEPAD Planning and Coordinating Agency
- Mr Saidi M. Kaunde State Attorney, National Prosecution Services (Tanzania)
- Discussion Forum – Chair: Mr Charles Goredema (ISS)
DAY TWO – 30 November 2011
- Keynote speaker : Mr SEGER Alexander – Council of Europe , -Head of Cybercrime Division
- Mr Sizwe Lindelo Snail (co-chair) – Snail Attorneys @ Law,South Africa Chair (AILCC) – International Liason – (ACCP) – Kampala
- Mr Conrade Pasiya – Fujitsu ( RSA)
- Ms Riana Smalberger – Head of Digital Forensics Lab,Decision Intelligence International (RSA)
- Mr Paul Louw – Deputy Director, Public Prosecutions, National Prosecuting Authority (RSA)
- Mr Charles Goredema (ISS)
- Mr Jason Jordaan – Special Investigation Unit (SIU), RSA
Thank you to our Sponsors and Affiliates: