The following items are included in today’s edition:
- the Directions regarding the supply of energy and petroleum products and maintenance and construction work for energy projects published in GG 43460 of 19 June 2020. The purpose of these Directions is to 1) provide for the continuous supply of energy and petroleum products to society; and 2) allow maintenance and construction work for energy projects to resume under strict safety, hygiene, sanitisation and social distancing protocols.
- the Directions regarding the Personal Care Services (COVID-19) published in GG 43459 date 19 June 2020. These Directions are issued in order to assist categories of services under the Personal Care Service industry that are deemed as safe to resume operations and specify conditions (protocols) under which such services may operate. The permitted services under this Directions may only commence with operations upon ensuring full compliance with the relevant protocols for their services. The categories of services that are deemed safe to resume operations are the following:
c) Nail and toe treatment;
d) Facial treatment and make-up;
e) Body massage; and
f) Tattooing and body piercing.”
- Democratic Alliance v President of the Republic of South Africa and others. Case no.: 21424/2020. High Court of South Africa, Gauteng Division, Pretoria. 19 June 2020 – a judgment concerning
BBBEE status as criteria for Covid-19 aid.
- The following media releases:
- Minister Zweli Mkhize on Dexamethasone as treatment in Coronavirus COVID-19
- Minister Nathi Mthethwa on the implementation of the level 3 sport directions.
- Employment and Labour on closure of Sea Harvest due to non-compliance with Coronavirus COVID-19 regulations.
View the latest edition of the Lexinfo Covid-19 Regulatory Update at: https://www.lexinfo.co.za/covid19