This man was given a moral dilemma at his job interview his answer is genius. His clever answer to this moral and ethical dilemma helped him to stand out from a crowd of several hundred job-hunters, or so the story goes.
The scenario begins on a dark and stormy night. You’re driving along in your car when you pass by a bus stop, where you see three people waiting for the bus:
- An old lady who looks as if she has sustained life-threatening injuries and is about to die.
- A dear old friend who once saved your life.
- The man or woman of your dreams.
Knowing that you only have room for one passenger in your car, which one would you choose to offer a ride to?
Think carefully before you answer – there’s much to weigh up.
- You could pick up the old lady, because she is on death’s door and her situation is urgent, this you should give her you immediate attention.
- Or you could pick up your old friend because they once saved your life, and this would be the perfect chance to pay him back.
- Of course, you may never be able to find your perfect match again, so no one could begrudge you for picking up the man or woman of your dreams.
Have you worked out your answer?
Odds are, it is not as good as the answer the job candidate supposedly provided – giving him the edge over 200 other applicants and nabbing him/her the job.
He simply answered: “I would give my car keys to my old friend, and let him take the old lady to the hospital for immediate treatment. I would then stay behind and wait for the bus with the person of my dreams.
Moral of the story? Never forget to think outside the box.