A Spanish Teacher was teaching in a class about the usage of nouns. How, unlike English, nouns are categorized as masculine or feminine.
“House” for example, is Feminine: “La Casa.”
“Pencil” , however, is masculine: “El Lapiz.”
A student asked, “What gender is “Computer”?
In spite of giving the answer, she decided to do a fun activity which results in a funny computer joke. She made two groups of the class, One male and One female, and asked them to discuss whether the “Computer” is masculine or a feminine noun and come up with four reasons in the support of their recommendation.
The boys took their call that “Computer” should surely be the female( La Computadora”), because:
- No one but only the creator knows their internal logic,
- The language used by them is incomprehensible to everyone else.
- However, small is the mistake, it is stored in the long term memory for later use.
- Just when you decide to have the commitment to one, you find yourself spending more on the accessories.
The discussion becomes more interesting in the girls turn.
On the other hand, The girls decided that computers must be Male ( El Computadora”), because:
- If you want to do something with them, initially, you have to turn them on.
- Even though, they have all the data but still can’t think for themselves.
- Their job is to solve our problem but most of the time they are the problem.
- Just when you decide to have a commitment to one, you realize that if you had waited a little longer, you could have gotten a better model.
The women won.