Traffic Cop bribe
2 January 2017 Metro Police had their hands full around the Metro conducting numerous road blocks looking for drunk drivers, liquor and other types of contra ban Pictured a road block in Marine drive Summerstrand.Picture Eugene Coetzee/The Herald

If you are asked by traffic police to pay a bribe, directly or otherwise, you should refuse and immediately report the official to the relevant police department in the area.

According to Xolani Fihla, spokesman for the Johannesburg Metro Police (JMPD), the vehicles driven by traffic officers are fitted with tamper-proof computers that broadcast their location back to the head office.

The sooner you’re able to report the bribe solicitor, the sooner they can be tracked down and brought to account.

Read more at TopAuto…


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

five + nineteen =